Tumble Dryer vent blanking cover

jar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a hole in our kitchen wall which the previous occupants obviously had used for venting a tumble dryer. There is a shielded vent on the outside wall but just the hole on the inside.

I'd like to block at least the inside (if not both sides) and I was just going to screw a square piece of plywood over the hole on the inside. But I'd like something which is sealed in some way - I would imagine just a bit of plywood would not be completely airtight. Suppose I could just run some silicone sealant around the edge ?

I was wondering if there are "proper" blanking plates available ? I've checked in B&Q and see square vent covers which are the ideal size but they are actual vents so still let air through.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I did think that myself.

We don't have/want a tumble dryer at the moment but you never know - maybe in the future.

So just want to keep the option so we don't need to reopen the hole or make a new one.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why not stuff some loft insulation into the hole to stop drafts and then cover it with your plywood and silicon to make sure. Then you'll be able to remove it, if you want a tumble dryer in the futuer.

57280.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back