Ideal Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi seems to be tripping my electrics. Does anyone know of this problem? I\\\'ve been told it could be linked to a faulty pressure switch???

Sponsored Links
I can use my extra sense and say your boiler is an Ideal Response Combi?
I bet it also trips the electrics as soon as you turn the power button on?

Sponsored Links
Pump would take out the 2af on pcb 40. Fan would take out the 4af fuse on pcb 40.

when did it start?....out of the blue or after you touched something?. just sounds like a direct short, last one I had was when the thermostat wire touched a 240v connection at the switch every time I put the case back on.

Water pressure switch is defective.
Either very slight leak from centre dripping onto live wire to overheat stat or internal leak into switching.
Either way needs replacing with new version.

ok.gif

BDL said:
Water pressure switch is defective.
Either very slight leak from centre dripping onto live wire to overheat stat or internal leak into switching.
Either way needs replacing with new version.

Thanks very much for your help!

The best solution here is to buy a proper boiler. I have installed an ideal once and once it is going to remain. I like satisfied customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back