fitting a power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, if anyone could help i would be most thankful.
Im going to fit a power shower over my bath, i`ve been told i dont need a pump because my pressure from my combi boiler is really good. I would like to know how to do the pipe work, do i just run the pies up the wall from the hot and cold feeds of the bath taps. If anyone could help thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you don't need a power shower if you have a combi. Just choose a shower mixer that is designed to work with a combi. You may need a flow restrictor on the cold supply.

Sponsored Links
Hi, if anyone could help i would be most thankful.
Im going to fit a power shower over my bath, i`ve been told i dont need a pump because my pressure from my combi boiler is really good. I would like to know how to do the pipe work, do i just run the pies up the wall from the hot and cold feeds of the bath taps. If anyone could help thanks.

When you say "power shower" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean an electric unit that you put on the wall above the bath? or do you mean a separate shower valve - usually chrome in colour.

Yes i know I am putting this in laymans terms - but I can't bear to watch if OP is going to plumb in a power shower to a combi.

Maybe he means a Power ranger shower they are pretty cool according to my 2 sons aged 2 and 4. :D

Pete

Yes it gives me an idea:

It gives me two trains of thought -

a) install a normal shower valve connected up to feeds from the combi. This is what I hope the OP means and makes sense.

b) he is going to install a tank fed power shower onto a combi run system. I hope he isnt going to do this one.

HOWEVER - I am not going to try and give advice until I know exactly which type of shower he is planning on putting in as it is not definitely clear from his post as he specifically describes it as a "power shower". It would be negligent to do so.

Surely you must agree that it is not conclusive - after all your posts I have read many times you always seems to say the right thing - but it does surprise me that in this instance you are indicating that we should tell him to connect it up to the hot and cold pipework in the existing bathroom as we assume he his trying to connect a standard non pumped shower valve - I was just trying to be prudent and ensure that this was the case.

Personally I still think this was the right thing to do. Others are entitled to their opinion. Perhaps my previous post was slightly sarcastic (which was probably unnecessary - my fault for posting after a stressful job ;) ) - but the point is still valid

When you say "power shower" what exactly do you mean?

Im going to fit a power shower over my bath, i`ve been told i dont need a pump because my pressure from my combi boiler is really good.

does that not give you any idea ?
Bear in mind that this is mentioned by a householder, who probably got his info from "the man in the shop".
Don't be surprised when they advise to use the tank feed with a pump to feed an electric shower.

I have a combi and the easiest way is to run a shower off a set of mixer taps with the appropriate fitting as part of the taps.
You can't beat it for a good forceful shower that is easy to control.
And no messy electrics/part P/notifying LABC etc! :LOL:

BournemouthPlumber

i totally agree with you.
i surpose it's taken for granted that the op is calling a mixer shower
a power shower as many do. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back