Boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Biasi 24s is not igniting. I have pressed the lock out reset button. It appears to cycle but doesn't light and the lock out light comes on again.

All was well yesterday then noticed no hot water so checked and no pilot light.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I just answered this but it vanished...?

What's the system pressure? - should be about 1 bar.

You don't have a Permanent Pilot.

Check your Installation and Maintenance manual you'll find there are small switches and led's inside the boiler which are for fault finding

Thanks for the reply Chris

ChrisR said:
What's the system pressure? - should be about 1 bar.

Well it was OK but since turning it off the pressure needle is now back at the stop. If I refill it it doesn't hold pressure and slowly sinks back to zero. Also it appears to be leaking water from the air pressure switch screwcap on top of the unit??

Checked the manual and the fault finding section doesn' seem to mention any switches or LEDs - any pointers?

I noticed yesterday when the boiler was working the the noise from the flue was much more noticeable then usual.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
if the auto air vent is leaking :idea:

where is the pressure going :?:

answers on a postcard please :LOL:

Got no idea why the air (??) vent is leaking water. :oops:

After filling up the water was just going straight out the overflow pipe.

Have re-bled all the rads and the pressure has now stablised to what it should be and water is no longer coming out of the overflow pipe.

If I unscrew the air vent cap water still escapes. :cry:

:D All sorted - turns out it was the fan - which accounts for the noise from the flue.

Thanks for the help

i have a similar problem in that on CH mode the boiler fires for a few hours then I notice the rads have gone cold and the lock out light is up,it seems to reset but does the same later, I was looking at maybe another problem but as you mentioned the fan I have noticed the fan has got a lot noisier, could it be the fan playing up as the boiler gets hotter and when I come to reset it its cooled again ?
I know the pumps fine and that on these boilers its the pump start first ,then the fan so this could explain it.
any ideas anyone,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back