Loud bubbling / popping sound from Vokera Excell 80SP boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Vokera Excell 80SP combi boiler, some of the radiators were not working correctly and I had no hot water. Under the homecare agreement, British Gas came out and replaced pump, heat exchanger. I now have hot water and the radiators all heat up again as before.

Since then I've been getting a loud popping sound from the boiler (like water bubbling and then popping). This happens when the central heating is getting hot, and when pump runs to reheat the water.
It also happens when the central heating is off and the hot water has been run for 30seconds (ie water has heated up).

Have had BG out again and they are saying something along the lines of the boiler is not able to empty it's tank of water quick enough and so has less space to heat the water and is overheating?? They've said that I need a powerflush and won't do any more work until this is done??

Any ideas. Are they correct, or is there an alternative reason?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back