Cooker Hood - extraction point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to install a cooker and and I want to extract it outside.

The problem is that the closest external wall would mean that the exit point would be directly under an awning (about 2 foot under).
This is putting me off. I can't lower or higher the exit point easily.

How much cr*p gets kicked out of these vents? Could I put a vent guard or something over the vent?

Routing is elsewhere will be an absolute nightmare. It would be about 4 metres and exit right on the flashings of a flat roof.

problems problem!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cooking? I just eat the stuff. I wouldn't know the hot part of a saucepan!

Trouble is the awning cost loads and I would not want to ruin it.

I could vent to the side of the house but this is a 4 metre run and it comes out right on the flashing of the flat roof.

Sponsored Links
I don't know if the extract specifications would allow it but have you considered fitting a couple of bends and a section of duct externally so the discharge is lowered from the exit in the wall ?

That will do it thanks

I have order a rectangular 150mm vent kit with some extra 90 degree elbows. I can then extract it 18 inches lower.

I will probably lose a little effeciency but not that much. The overall run is still less than 3 metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back