Recommend a starter router cutting set?

Sponsored Links
Budget? size?

I got a 1/4" set from bosch for about £10, has Roman Orgee, round over, dovetail cutters and flat cutters and does what I need it to. Not supreme quality but good enough.

I'm pretty sure i'm getting the makita 3612.. a 1/2" router, but might also get a smaller 1/4" one for lighter work.. so i guess a 1/4" set would do for both? Budget.. up tp around £50?

Sponsored Links
buy any one off the budget sets with 24 to 50 pieces then as you work out the ones you use the most then you replace them with toledo[rutlands]medium quality or trend that go up in stages to cmt and others at the top off the market

look for a rebate/rabbet]cutter with alternative bearings they deside the width off cut whilst the plunge decides the depth

get yourself a nonslip matt and ptfe lubricant spray from toolstation

couple off these as well just make shure you file the sharp edge off the slightly domed top clamp jaw or use clamping blocks you only have to get half the cace flat
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand+Tools/Clamps/One+Handed+Quick+Clamp+150mm/d10/sd10/p73583

Cheers again.. already have a couple of Irwin kwik klamps that will suit. The spray is for the cutter itself to reduce friction?

lmfao.. missed that.. what are the odds on that juxtaposition lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back