brittany combi se 80 with intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys,
i have the above boiler, and before xmas had a problem where i had no hot water, i called an engineer who replaced the diaphragm and piston on the 3 way valve between the CH and DHW. for this i payed a lovely sum of £240! and i still have an intermittent fault.(he did say though it might not fix it when he finished..) i am therefore wary of calling them out again until they have replaced every part!

when i switch the shower on, if i alter the temp of the water the boiler drops out and i get cold water. the only way to get it back is to either get out and turn a tap on or to turn the shower off then back on again.

the flow switch is fine, but i do have a small leak somewere as there is a small drip every day. also i have to recharge the system every 2-3 weeks. is there anything i can do or do i bite the bullet and ring an engineer..

thanks in advance

stuart

Sponsored Links
honest not that good boiler and they do leakit could anything from fualty thermister to pcb

Sponsored Links
Just had a further look and have noticed the purple wiring going into what I assume is the thermister have scoring marks on them caused by the yellow cap, going to splice the wiring, ps am I correct in saying the thermister is a small black switch going into the black plastic piping after the mains water valve and it has a brass knurled figment to hold it on place?? Because there is a green copperlike rust around it.

Appologies for the grammar, typing on the mobile!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back