siemens washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my machine will only spin on coloured cycle. it will not spin on easy-care or woolen/delicate programmes. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
1: Are you sure it's not spinning - easycare etc have lower spin speeds so loads will feel wetter.

2: Check that the "rinse hold " hasn't been selected - this normally works on easy care etc to stop it spinning.

3: Check that no-one has fiddled with the spin controller!!

towman said:
1: Are you sure it's not spinning - easycare etc have lower spin speeds so loads will feel wetter.

2: Check that the "rinse hold " hasn't been selected - this normally works on easy care etc to stop it spinning.

3: Check that no-one has fiddled with the spin controller!!

honk said:
thanks for the reply. i have checked these out and are not applicable. since posting my problem i have carried out some washing tests with the following findings
(i) the coloured cycle works fine
(ii) the easy care cycle doesn't do the final spin and leaves water in the drum, but if I subsequently select spin only it works OK
(iii) the woollen programme doesn't do the final spin and leaves water in the drum. if i then select spin only nothing happens but if i select the reduced spin it works OK
confusing isn't it.
i have been inside the machine and don't see anything untoward. but i notice the programme selector has a circuit board attached. so i need more help before i can buy repacement parts

Word of advice - don't start buying stuff until you've found out what the problem is. You could waste a lot of money.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the sort of fault where you may do better to bite the bullet and get a little man in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back