Bosch 1201 Intermittent final spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9 yr old Bosch 1201 does everything fine except for an intermittent final spin cycle (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't), doesn't care if it's regular, econ or woolen cycles. Fill, drain, wash & rinse cycles normal - drum turns no probs, no weird noises. Additional spin cycle settings may or may not work. The drain pump/impeller is not blocked. If I can't get any final spin to work, unplugging the w/m, waiting a bit then plugging it back in seems to fix the problem. My guess is it's a fault with the controller card/assembly but it's £150 for a new one! Would really appreciate any suggestions before I go this route - or maybe even buy a new machine. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You may find it is a pump or brushes problem. Check impeler on pump if it moves side to side and up and down then it may be this if it is not always pumping as appliance does not spin if full of water. Or it may just be the brushes on the motor itself

Sorry for the late reply - thanks for the suggestions. It's not the impeller I'll check out the brushes this weekend!

Okay, I've checked the brushes, they're fine. Anybody have any other suggestions? I could meter the connections/pins if I knew what to look for.

Sponsored Links
if the brushes are ok, it will be an intermitant pump problem as these can become warn

Check the pressure system. Pressure chamber partially blocked or intermittent operation of the pressure switch.

Thanks gromitsmate & sleepyhead - I put the brushes back in and so far it's washed 4 loads w/o a problem, using different cycles. Go figure, guess I have to wait for it to act up again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back