Bosch WFF 1201 refuses to spin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help before I fork out for a repair/new washer.

My Bosch WFF 1201 goes through the wash cycle fine but when it reaches the spin cycle it clicks straight to the end of the programme without even draining. This happens on any of the three choices of spin.

It happened a few months back but when I tried to put it on one of the other spin cycles it was ok, and has been since.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with this particular make and model but as a general rule if a machine gets to any spin cycle ie rinse and spin or final spin to dry, if the drum is not clear of water before programmer moves to next sequence there is not an enable from the pressure switch which monitors water (amount of water) in the drum. and the machine will not go into spin. Therefore in the majority of cases it is either, in order of probability.

1. complete water blockage (sump pipe. pump filter, drain pipe)
2. partial water blockage as above
3 pump mechanically broken impellar shaft or electrically open circuit

any of these in no. 3 would need a complete pump replacement.

Can also be heating element kaput. We had this with WFF2000, engineer went through all the unblocking procedures and then replaced the heating element.

Worth checking to see if the water heats up on a wash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back