Danfoss zone valve constantly opening/closing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new on here but have a valve which appears to be in the primary feed to the hot water storage tank which opens / closes every 2-3 min's clunking with pressure when closing. I have turned the main pressure down to quiten it a little but would welcome any ideas why does it keep operating so often?

Sponsored Links
Dont really understand the bit about mains pressure affecting the zone valve. :eek:

may have the wrong terminiology for valve, but it is electronic in the airing cupboard and appears to be regulating flow from main supply to tank via primary inlet to storage tank

Sorry but that statement doesnt help me one iota. There may well be someone along shortly that can help. I'll be here for a while so keep rephasing your problem and I might get the jist.

Sponsored Links
is it one off these?

images

yes and just been playing with thermosatat downstairs which brings it in and out so guess it just regulates flow and it is pressure i need to sort to eliminate banging

if its the room stat you are playing with then it is for the central heating not the hot water,

unless its one of these then its for both
images

if its the first one (the two port ) then there is a chance its been fitted the wrong way round.

It is not a new installation, nearly 5 years old and has only recently started the banging, if remove the electronic bit and turn the valve manually it bangs / hammers but less now mains pressure is lower. Has not done it since turned up the room stat to max. But when turning back to normal temp comes straight in

It is not a new installation, nearly 5 years old and has only recently started the banging, if remove the electronic bit and turn the valve manually it bangs / hammers but less now mains pressure is lower. Has not done it since turned up the room stat to max. But when turning back to normal temp comes straight in

To reiterate, the mains pressure should have nothing to do with this, and what you're saying is getting thoroughly confusing. Can we perhaps have some photos of the offending item and the area surrounding it?

from your photo it looks like the danfoss valve is for the central heating (there is what looks like a honeywell valve adjacent feeding the cylinder)
have a look at the danfoss valve, there will be an arrow stamped on the valve body,whitch way is it pointing? from the looks of the photo it should be down

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back