Ignition lockout Halstead Best 60 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called in the engineers after the ignition on my Halstead Best 60 kept locking out. They have replaced the actuator and the pump on the CH system, and the aquastat in the boiler somewhere, and timer controller, AND a full all-day power flush but to no avail - the ignition is still locking out. This has now cost well over £1500 so I am getting very frustrated.

I am not going to attempt any DIY on this but would very much like some helpful advice from someone on the forum who has experience of fixing such issues!

Sponsored Links
British Gas do a fixed price repair for about £180.

I would come and spend a few days working on it for £1000 whilst staying at a local hotel.

In fact I only need about £110 per day overnight expenses so could probably just charge travelling plus our daily rate.

But the nearby gas installers would have fitted a better boiler for £1500 or less.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you have an "Ignition" Lockout and NOT "Overheat" Lockout, then the Person you have hadin has changed just about every part that is NOT RELEVENT to your problem, intermittant lockouts on these boilers are often due to a faulty gas control valve, the Red Honeywell combustion pcb or has already been mentioned the fan venturi, personally if your description of events is acurate I'd be asking for my money back ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back