Icon23t problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Icon23t boiler and the hot water is intermittent when the central heating has been on for a while. The burner ignites for 5 secs then off for 5 secs.
An engineer has looked at it and said it was a mains water pressure problem.
The water pressure and flow was tested by my water company and found to be ok.
I have since noticed that the burner flame is sometimes intermittent, (on for 5 secs then off for 5 secs), when the central heating has reached working temperature and is reheating.
Now since the central heating part of the boiler is independent of the mains water pressure am I correct in thinking that this problem cannot be due to a water pressure problem?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a smell of gas regularly from the flue as the boiler is cycling?
I seem to remember this on a boiler and the engineer replaced the flame detection unit. Another problem might be the water pressure bellows used to turn the boiler on when hot water is requested these age and crack.
John_D

andy_f said:
I have an Icon23t boiler and the hot water is intermittent when the central heating has been on for a while. The burner ignites for 5 secs then off for 5 secs.
An engineer has looked at it and said it was a mains water pressure problem.
The water pressure and flow was tested by my water company and found to be ok.
I have since noticed that the burner flame is sometimes intermittent, (on for 5 secs then off for 5 secs), when the central heating has reached working temperature and is reheating.
Now since the central heating part of the boiler is independent of the mains water pressure am I correct in thinking that this problem cannot be due to a water pressure problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back