Removing a stench pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI.
I have dug up a stench pipe at the road-end of my driveway. I don't know if it is still in use, but it sits in the middle-side of my drive and I want to get rid of it. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so how - with an angle grinder then cap it off? Or do I have to keep it there? Are there any building regs about this?
Thanks very much
Dan

Sponsored Links
Might be a vent pipe venting the sewers. Best to check with Building Control at your council. :D

It`ll be an air inlet for the interceptor :idea: . Look in the manhole - if there is no bung above the interceptor ( water trap) and 90% of houses have " lost " theirs :LOL: - then remove the old air in. pipe and keep quiet ;) - the sewer will then vent through your drains and vent pipe - like most have done for years - The old intercept method is virtually redundant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back