Saniflo - Water constantly trickling into the bowl

cjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, can anyone give me any advice?
We have a Saniflo system in our understairs loo.

The saniflo itself is working fine, but there is a constant trickle of water going into the loo bowl, hence the saniflo comes on every ten mins or so to pump the extra water away.

I have no knowledge of plumbing whatsoever, but am assuming the trickle may be something minor to do with the float in the tank?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice greatfully received, thanks.

Sponsored Links
It may be the float valve, or it may be the flush valve (if so fitted).

Internal overflows of both flush valves and syphons drain into the pan if the float valve doesn't shut off at the correct level.

A poorly seating flush valve (usually operated by a push button) will allow water to dribble into the pan.
Traditional syphons (usually operated by a handle) are pretty much immune to leaks. If your cistern has a syphon, it's probably the float valve at fault.

Check the water level in the cistern. If it reaches the internal overflow, it's probably the float valve.

Turn off the water supply to the cistern, and monitor the water level. If the level continues to fall, it's probably the flush valve.

If the float valve doesn't shut off fully when you lift the float up, it needs servicing or replacing. Adjusting the float level will change the water level in the cistern.

Flush valves can leak if grit lodges on the valve seat. They are often held in place by a bayonet fitting, making them easy to remove for cleaning or servicing.
Sometimes it is possible to turn the flush valve washer upside down if it has worn.

• Thanks
Reactions: cjb
Thank you very much, I will check that.
The loo is operated via a push button.. the unit has been in for around 4 years and has been working fine until now, so I will check that. thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back