High Protective Conductor Current

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is an example of a circuit/equipment that requires a high protective conductor current please?

Sponsored Links
I don't think there's anything that will require a high protective conductor current. Plenty which have one by coincidence, but not by design.

You may find a cable with a separate CPC to get down to a low impedance so as the protective device will trip quickly enough on a earth fault. Alternatively, in a TT system a separate CPC may be used to bring your touch potential down to the required 50V (411.5.3.ii) without changing the characteristic of the RCD.

EDIT: Ah yes, and holmslaw's quite right there ! :oops:

Hi guys

Am taking my electricans exams with ATL. Part of the course is a home exam that you do on your own and send to the examiners, just for them to check on you and see how your progressing.
What in a simple definition is prospective fault current?
Whats A PIR test stand for?
What is an example of a circuit/equipment that requires a high protective conductor current please?
Jacobssi - how is the training provider going to be able to keep track of your real progress if you just come here to get answers to copy & paste into your home exams?

How are you going to cope when you get to an exam that you don't do from home?

What's going to happen to you in the real world if you become "qualified"?

This is a primarily a DIY advice site - it is not designed to be, and does not work well as, a learning vehicle. Surely your course materials tell you these things? Surely you have someone within ATL that you can contact to ask questions?

They are going to think that they are doing a great job, and that you are following everything they teach you and progressing perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Try searching for high integrity earthing, there's some 20 odd page arguments about it somewhere :LOL:

Hi guys

Am taking my electricans exams with ATL. Part of the course is a home exam that you do on your own and send to the examiners, just for them to check on you and see how your progressing.
What in a simple definition is prospective fault current?
Whats A PIR test stand for?
Jacobssi - how is the training provider going to be able to keep track of your real progress if you just come here to get answers to copy & paste into your home exams?

How are you going to cope when you get to an exam that you don't do from home?

What's going to happen to you in the real world if you become "qualified"?

This is a primarily a DIY advice site - it is not designed to be, and does not work well as, a learning vehicle. Surely your course materials tell you these things? Surely you have someone within ATL that you can contact to ask questions?

They are going to think that they are doing a great job, and that you are following everything they teach you and progressing perfectly.

Thank you for your concern BAS. But for your information apart from the first question I asked nearly 4 months ago none of these questions relate to my home exam, I ask these because I read through this forum as I find it helps.

By helps I mean by listening to people who know what they are talking about such as yourself/GaryMo/Col.Jack/ Taylortwocities/ to name a few, given their guidance and reasoning to peoples DIY problems/mistakes or advice between each other.

Further more I have passed all of my real exams with 100% for CITB certified and defined scope Part P and the practicals to which I feel I owe a great deal to reading through these forums every day. I still have My 17th edition + 2392 inspecting and testing exams to undertake in the next five months and I'm sure your quick response is going to be on the lines of

" Well if you've taken some exams already why are you asking such trivial questions?"

Maybe your right and they are trivial, but it's thing I either have not grasped fully or have yet to come across.

My providers aren't great and getting back to me quickly and I don't work in the trade (far from it I work at the airport) so am not able to have every day experience just yet.

So forgive me BAS and anyone else who shares his views, I was here just willing to learn and ask when I don't understand.

What's going to happen in the real world when I become qualified?- I hope I can survive a bit better than some people who drift through life by not being afraid to ask what I don't know.

But once again, I'm sorry that I've asked to much :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back