Hotpoint WD420 Lights Flashing / Won't Spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, our WD420 has just died. I've read all the other posts but can't find any that match our fault, (or I can't read the right lights!)

Today, it did a wash but when it came to empty and spin, it failed. I think I've fixed the 'empty' bit (the filters were all blocked with pocket debris) but it won't spin. It starts to spin but stops after 30 seconds with the on/off light flashing rapidly and the 'Drying High Heat' light flashing as well. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

f1 and f17 share the same light

PCB IS SHOT EXCHANGE PCB FROM HERE OR SCRAP IT http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=category&id=1 YOURS IS F08 HEATER RELAY OR HEATER RELAY ON PCB .

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

f1 and f17 share the same light

PCB IS SHOT EXCHANGE PCB FROM HERE OR SCRAP IT http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=category&id=1 YOURS IS F08 HEATER RELAY OR HEATER RELAY ON PCB .

Hi thanks for the speedy reply. Is their a difference between heater relay and heater relay on the PCB? I only ask as we are in New Zealand and bought the washer with us from the UK, spares are not readily available! Is their a circuit board schematic available ??

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
What I meant was it's either heater or the heater relay on the pcb ,heater is found at the rear of the mc under the white cover ,measure it with a meter should read 30 ohms.the heater relay is on the pcb found in the same place but in the corner covered in a white plastic cover , pcb are normally just replaced unless you know someone who can repair pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back