Earthing of new taps

Jez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted a new bath, basin and WC using the metal speedfit flexible hoses which were very easy to connect to the existing copper.

The electrical earthing connection clamps onto the copper pipe but there is a plastic connector on the end of the speedfit flex. Will electrical earthing continuity maintained?

:confused: :confused:
Thx

Sponsored Links
Jez said:
I have recently fitted a new bath, basin and WC using the metal speedfit flexible hoses which were very easy to connect to the existing copper.

The electrical earthing connection clamps onto the copper pipe but there is a plastic connector on the end of the speedfit flex. Will electrical earthing continuity maintained?

:confused: :confused:
Thx

good point..i have just had those put on...the braiding is metal and so is the tap...so the continuity should be via the securing nut...
do a megger test...if you have one...
isnt the pipework for the electrical earthing which wasnt changed..ie the earths are still connected to the copper pipes elsewhere..
:)

remember your aim with bonding is to stop danger entering the special location

a medium resistance (ie too high to be bonding too low to be isolation) between a correctly bonded pipe and a peice of touchable metalwork doesn't pose any danger.

Sponsored Links
And for those of you watching in black & white, that resistance should be at least 25k ohms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back