Help with 2 x 2way lighting gangs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right..... I need help with a lighting circuit that I've been left with after my Dad had a go and changing the light switch fittings..... What a mess, so I'd really appreciate getting some help on it.

I've tried to draw it as best I can. Basically 3 light fittings;

The first to the far left is operated by a 1 way gang on a double switch the other switch is used 2 way with the 1st switch on the other double switch which controls the middle light. The right switch on the second socket works 2 way with the last single 2 way switch. Does that make sense ? I hope so.

ANY help appreciated as I don't have the money to call an electrician out :(

Sponsored Links
your drawing is no use whatsoever, get us photo's of the wires and switches and go and buy a multimeter ( about a tenner.. )

The main problem with your diagram is at the first switch.

It shows 2 reds, 3 yellows and one blue.
Is that correct?

We need to know which wires come from which cables, as we can't possibly tell where your coloured lines go to.

Sponsored Links
you also seem to be missing a red and black at the switches from the lights.. nothing shown there but the strappers...

like I said, get us photo's so we can see what you actually have, not what you think we need to know

and don't use photobucket, upload them here and use that, I don't like beig re-directed to a slow photosite that tries to open popups..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back