Hoover AM 110 Service Manual?

Sponsored Links
Posting a particular problem might get you some good advice. Requesting a service manual won't. Its that simple. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
I didn't need advice, else I would have asked for it I knew what the problem was, I just needed a service manual. Nevertheless I have sorted the problem out, which was to replace the bearings front, rear and seal.

Can't see what all the mystery is about, after all if one wants to repair a car doesn't one look for a Haynes or workshop manual?

Good you solved it!
But if you knew what the problem was & you didn't need advice on how to rectify the issue then why did you need a manufacturer's service manual?
Please understand; Manufacturer service information is copyrighted material, therefore it is illegal to distribute such into the public domain.
Many well qualified service engineers on this site offer their considerable knowledge & time free of charge to people with genuine problems. Please respect our integrity.
BTW: Haynes don't give their vehicle service manuals away for free, so why should washing machine manufacturers.

I think people obtain certain service manuals with a lot of difficulty sometimes, and they don't want to just give that information up, otherwise anyone could look up a veng chart to fix something, and kill themselves.

I spent many years replacing the field sync chip in many RM monitors, and at best, it was 50/50 whether this cured the fault. The chip had a huge heatsync attached to it, as part of it's design, and unsoldering this caused damage.

A chance phonecall to the right person in TS, offered a better solution, that you connect various test points together, and recalibrate a pot.

But you have to recalibrate the pot when the monitor is switched on, and very close to the HT lead...so if service manuals were public domain, many could be killed. But all in, this factory setup method worked 100%, where replacing chips didn't.

I bought a service manual for over £50 for a certain monitor, but someone managed to snap the tube base off it..£50 down..do I want to give free info when I forked out £50?

The worst is I have a Microvitec boxy BBC monitor, that is dead, and I spent YEARS fixing these, but now I don't have the service manual, and am stumped as to the fault.

It's good to share info, but only in the right hands.

Good you solved it!
But if you knew what the problem was & you didn't need advice on how to rectify the issue then why did you need a manufacturer's service manual?
Please understand; Manufacturer service information is copyrighted material, therefore it is illegal to distribute such into the public domain.
Many well qualified service engineers on this site offer their considerable knowledge & time free of charge to people with genuine problems. Please respect our integrity.
BTW: Haynes don't give their vehicle service manuals away for free, so why should washing machine manufacturers.

You assume too much my friend and we all know what assume means!

I wasn't asking for it for free, I wanted to know if I could get one or if anyone had one I could have, if money was asked for I would have paid for it, but Appliance makers seem to be a closed book (excuse the pun) when it comes to technical details. I am pretty savvy on practical things but always like reference material to follow, understanding what all the components are is as much a safety precaution as it is a reference to diagnoses and cure. There isn't much I can't fix to be honest and I like tinkering. This job was to actually help out a friend who cannot afford to pay, they offered me a tenner and it was literally their last penny; I refused. The washer is pretty old and I doubt there are many still working to fix in the first place.

I don't doubt for a minute ones integrity, and I do have a new found respect for washer repair guys and girls, them bearings just didn't want to come out and its a very fiddly job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back