cooker hood installation

JHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is a cooker hood safe and effective if fitted above a high level grill on a gas cooker?

Sponsored Links
I would say not, but this depends upon the hood and the grill. If its one of the conventional recirc/extract hoods and not one of these fancy huge things, I would think the heat from the gas grill would damage the hood, especially the filters as most are made from foam or paper. Most of these hoods have controls on the front, you will need to be very tall to reach these, if positioned above your grill. As ban suggests, check with the manufacturers.

If you have bought the hood, read the instructions. If you have not bought the Hood, the answer will be as there as to be a minium clearance.

Sponsored Links
yeah its safe to be installed above gas cooker as long as the hood is at least recomended hight and safty recomendations are followed. i'm glad ya took the time to read a newbie post and to leave a post,,,, :eek: but i'm still clueless as to how to fit it with that bloody gas pipe :oops: i have looked at instalation manuel and everywhere online,,,,,lots of "how to fit cooker hood" none of which mention how to install "around" or tips or nothing...oh and the post left just stating " very carefully",,was well,,erm,,useless :rolleyes: but cheers anyways.....anyone with any ideas?[/b]

**Most of these hoods have controls on the front, you will need to be very tall to reach these, if positioned above your grill.

:confused: your presuming the grill is eye level :?: the grill is below the gas rings. so my short statue of 5 ft5 inch will be able to reach the control buttons situated on the front without a prob ;) [/b]

nic_nic, JHS who made the first post did so over 2 years ago and only made one post dont suppose they are worried any more.

and guess what the
icon_edit.gif
button is for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back