Drayton Zone Valve ZA6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help me?

Just replaced zone valve, but wires are different, can anyone tell me in idiot terms, cos its for me, what colour the wires on the old zone valve will be on the new valve.
ie. if brown on old is orange on new

Or, indeed, if this is the fault, cos as when you put the programmer on the CH is working but as soon as you turn the hot water on the fuse blows in the switched spur (the new zone valve is on the hot water)

I need it in idiot form, cos the wirining is in an idiot box, and I have no way of telling what does what :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I assume it's all wired up (albeit wrong) at the minute?

Did you wire the new zone valve directly into the wiring centre or did you snip the original one and join the wires with a junction box?

What colour wires did the original zone valve have?

Green/yellow = earth
Blue = neutral
Grey = permenant live
Brown = feed from stat
Orange = feed to pump/boiler (switched live)
White = (you don't need this one, make it safe and leave it)

This will be good one,most qualified sparkies run mile when they have to wire up conventional heating system

We are expected to guide someone who hasn't got a clue :LOL: :LOL: ,go for it Andy and good luck !

This will be good one,most qualified sparkies run mile when they have to wire up conventional heating system

We are expected to guide someone who hasn't got a clue :LOL: :LOL: ,go for it Andy and good luck !

You make a good point :D I'm up for a challenge, are you OP????

Sponsored Links
I assume it's all wire up (albeit wrong) at the minute?

Did you wire the new zone valve directly into the wiring centre or did you snip the original one and join the wires with a junction box?

Hi
Valve was replaced with ZA5, which was told would fit ZA6
Colours on new one were
Brown, Blue, Green/Yellow, Grey and Orange
I wired them in old for new, so I dont know if they are right

The old one had a white wire, but this was just in end of block with nothing else

I assume it's all wired up (albeit wrong) at the minute?

Green/yellow = earth
Blue = neutral
Grey = permenant live
Brown = feed from stat
Orange = feed to pump/boiler (switched live)
White = (you don't need this one, make it safe and leave it)

Yes

Hmm well if you wired it up colour for colour it should work. Sounds like you've got a wire wrong somewhere. If it's blowing fuses that wrong wire will be something to do with a neutral or earth.

Check all blues go to blues and earths go to earths within the wiring centre. Even that isn't always a given!

BTW the extra white wire on your new valve isn't required, make sure it's not connected to any other wire within the wiring centre.

For future reference, best leave the wiring centre alone. Use a junction box whereven possible as you can end up with problems much like the one you're having now!

Advising you on what goes where within the wiring centre is pretty much impossible on here, especially to a novice. Looks like you'll have to get someone in i'm affraid! Maybe one of the regular posters in here live close by???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Keep going Andy youre doing a grand job so far,patience me ol china patience

You know they can also teach monkeys to do all sorts of tricks,but they dont know why they are doing them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back