Peugeot Partner Van W Reg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Been using this for work a lot so far this year, mostly driving to and around London from Margate every day. As a result I put it in to service before I started doing this and every couple of months since. Due to expected wear and tear I've had some faults like the gearbox leaking oil etc.

Last service was a couple of weeks ago along with 300 quids worth of other repairs. Last couple of days there has been a noise develop that mirrors the sound of the engine in intensity as I accelerate, especially in low gear. The sound is hard to describe. It's not exactly high pitched but 'metallic' in nature, i guess, and, as I say, it the intensity of the engine as I accelerate and doesn't appear to be there the rest of the time. Sounds like it's coming from under the vehicle.

New development today is that it's now making a high pitched noise whenever the clutch pedal is depressed, seems to shudder while idling in this state and seems to nearly stall when I'm moving off in first.

Any ideas what this is?

Also, should this have been picked up in the service? What does a service generally entail? Is it like in gas engineering where there's a "service" (just a flue gas analysis check and a general safety/function check) or an actual service (whole thing stripped, cleaned and tested), i.e. a two-tier level of service, depending on the attitude/conscience of the technician? If I were to do a boiler service and it developed a fault two weeks later, I'm sure I'd be expected to remedy it for free. Obviously I'm a bit miffed that I've had a recent service, and have done regularly, the idea being to prevent any such problems from my increased usage, and something's gone again. Should I expect something to be done about it for nowt?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Geoff

Sponsored Links
Alas, only on pipes and boilers.

What's a new clutch cost approx? And the likely labour for a mechanic to do it?

Sponsored Links
i'd just check the gearbox oil level, and leave it, the clutch will start slipping, replace it at that point, no idea on cost i do all my own automotive work

Back