Honeywell T70 Hot Water Cylinder Thermostat wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I have fully pumped hot water system with a Honeywell T70 Cylinder Thermostat and a Honeywell 3 port diverter valve (V4073A).

I was inspecting the wiring and noted that earth wire from the T70 cylinder thermostat is connected to a brown wire (I presume its Live) going to a Potterton timer (EP6002), and also to a grey wire (Live) going to the 3 port diverter valve.

Is this correct? Shouldn’t the Earth of the T70 be connected to the earth in the rest of the circuit?

I will kindly appreciate any clarification on this.

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
In your case it's purpose is to carry a switched voltage when the hot water demand is either satisfied or not required.

If the cylinder stat is of plastic construction then an earth is not usually required.

Most installers would use 3-core flexi and sheath the earth wire in red to denote a switched live.

Thanks for the quick reply heatserve. That now makes sense. The Thermostat is made of Plastic & I'LL cover the wire with red tape.
regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back