Potterton Lynx2

FM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have just tried turning on my boiler,which has been off for the last six months while the property has been empty.The pilot won\\\'t light when I turn a hot tap on.I can hear a clicking sound & a pumping sound,but no pilot light.The timer is set to constant & there are no lights lit on the boiler.It\\\'s as if there\\\'s no gas getting to the boiler.I would be very gratefull for any help with this problem.Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can't see an isolator valve on the gas inlet.Could this be inside the boiler somewhere?.The pressure is at 2.5 bar.A little high I know.Many thanks.

Got a working gas cooker? check the meter isn't an empty prepay (my most common fault when going to (until recently) uninhabited flats.

Sponsored Links
I've got no other gas appliance in the buiding.It;s not a prepay meter & I've checked the gas service hasn't been cut off.Thanks.

sounds like no gas at the pilot or the spark is shorting out somewhere along the electode lead. also if the jinx (lynx) has a pilot it could be choked because it hasn't been used for so long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back