Table-top dishwasher HELP please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me!
I bought a tabletop dishwasher from Argos just over 3 months ago, but last week water started leaking out of the bottom of it. I got Argos to send out a plumber as it's obviously still under warranty, but this morning when the plumber came he said he couldn't look at the leak as the dishwasher wasn't properly plumbed in, and he wouldn't touch it until that was fixed!
He said that the problem was with the hose going into the back of the machine. This was done by a plumber (but not one provided by Argos). At the moment it's coming up through a hole in the kitchen counter and then going straight into the machine. But he says the water supply should be going DOWN into the machine and not UP, which I don't understand at all. He then suggested that it would only really work properly if I removed the shelves under the sink and installed it under there, which would totally defeat the purpose of a table-top machine!
But he'd clearly never seen a tabletop dishwasher before, and if he's talking rubbish I don't want to have to pay a call-out charge for another plumber to tell me that!

(I should also say we had an older version of the same machine for a year, plumbed in exactly the same way, and it worked fine, we only replaced it as a hinge on the door came off just after the warranty expired, and it cost less to buy a new one that fix it! :confused: )

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If its the dishwasher water fill pipe you mention, it can go any way you like - its at mains pressure and the flow is controlled by electrical valves caled solenoids. Its only the waste that needs to head downwards.
Mind you, I've never plumbed in a table top dishwasher in either..... :p
John :)

Thanks, yes that is what I mean - I think!
I don't get what on earth the guy thought was going on then!
Going to need to call Argos back and kick up s fuss I think!

Hi

I have installed a couple and it is ok to bring the water up from below.

If it's not the inlet hose leaking then Argos should replace the unit. The inlet connector is quite fragile and cross threading the hose might be the issue.
Where's it leaking from exactly?

I have one customer on 2nd table top from Argos, known fault even payed for my time.

HTH

Sponsored Links
It seems to be leaking from the bottom, not the hose and not the door, but somewhere underneath.
Argos are saying they have to take his word for it, as he's the only guy they use for the whole of Scotland! So it looks like I'm going to need to get it set up the way he wants it before he'll look at the leak! :evil:

What does the installation manual say about the orientation of the inlet pipe? if it does not make specific recommendations, you can take it as read that trhe pipe can rise from bellow, in this case go back to Argos and if no joy tell them that you will be contacting Trading Standards office!! that should get a response ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back