Mysterious leak in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I had a new boiler fitted a week ago ,all good.
Came home to a puddle at the back door and damp along top wall
Boiler guy came out couldn't find anything and said it must be coming from the flat above. Neighbour got a plumber out from home insurance cover,he said no leaks found !
Shouldn't he have run her washing machine or dishwasher when checking or am I missing something? What else can I check,no water when I came home today but then no machines were on upstairs

Sponsored Links
Any photos? Check your condensate after using the heating.

IMG_20220322_152714_849.jpg
IMG_20220322_152658_291.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The plumber checked the condensate,changed the seal just to be safe
There was water under the drawer unit, could have run either out from pipe or in from the puddle the boiler is on the other end of wall, not at back door?
It doesn't explain the top of the wall though.

Sponsored Links
That’s a lot of water for a leak not to be found. What’s in the boxing in? There’s a drip from the bottom.

That's the flue for the boiler .
Condensate pipe is behind the kitchen base unit.

I would say flat above then, given the wetness of the wall/boxing.

She's adamant her insurers plumber checked thoroughly,guess I will have to wait until it happens again and phone my home emergency people

Do you get on with your neighbour upstairs? Ask or look at what is directly above your door area. Unscrew a section of your boxing-in, and take a look. Drips from your flue? Water coming from above?
If you don't get these facts you'll have trades running backwards and forwards, and you'll be running up unnecessary expence between you.

We get on well ,directly above is her sink and dishwasher,connectors for washing machine etc.
The flue box I left open for now, completely dry up there .
It's a puzzle,and worrying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back