Help! Leaking waste/soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just came downstairs to internal garage and there is a puddle of water which appears to have leaked out of the upstairs toilet/bathroom waste. Have confirmed that this is where it is coming from by flushing the toilet and the puddle got bigger. The pipe has like a trap door on it done up with screws which is where the leak seems to be coming from. What should I do? Is this something I should tackle myself or should i get a professional in? also do you reckon this is something that will be covered by home insurance? thanks heaps if anyone can give advice.

Sponsored Links
have you tried tightening the hatch

also get someone to flush the toilet if the leak carries on more than
a few seconds you may have a blockage

big all

thank for your reply. it does seem to keep leaking out slowly after toilet flushed so i guess it must be a blockage causing it. Should i open the hatch and try to clear it myself or do you think it is likely to be a horrible job that is better for a professional to do?

Sponsored Links
well i would call on my brother he is the plumber

how ever high the the access hatch is off the ground is how much poo
youve got to deal with plus probably a lot more

personaly i would wait for the clever boys and girls with poo stained
overalls on for a sensible solution [wouldnt want you up to your neck
in poo literaly] :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

big all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back