Hoover Nextra 6 front loader washer 1400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. We've had this thing for 3-4 yars now. It washes ok, it spins ok, it's got loads of programs but the boss uses 3! We like to do the wash overnight on the cheap leccy. So, she sets the buttons and puts it on a 9 hour delay. Sometimes it doesn't start, although the controls have moved but nothing has has happened. The powder is still there and the washing is dry.

So, leave it till the evening, try again. Low and behold, next morning, washing done ok!

Now, is our machine just a slow starter or as it reached wrinkly age like us? We thought it would last us out when we bought it, but I fear we will outlive IT!

Any clues?

Thanks, oldfogie

Sponsored Links
OK, I've been chastised! We just went over the sequence again.

So, - Set program
- press delayed start
- once for 3 hours delay
- twice for 6 hours delay
- thrice for 9 hours delay

- Press start and the red light is on

When the sequence starts, the red lights "clock down" as 9hr, 6hr, 3hr, then as the 9 hours are up it starts. If it wants to.

When it has, the red stop light is on and the wash is complete.

When its had a senior moment, the wash is not done and the red stop light is flashing. However, the stupid thing has still clocked down.

OK, I've done now

Thanks again, oldfogie

The machine should generate an error code when a malfunction occurs. Hoover Nextra fault codes are indicated by the start and delay led's flashing in unison. They should show a pattern that lasts around 10 to 15 secs; i.e "x" flashes - pause - "x" flashes. Run a program, if there is a malfunction count the number of flashes between pauses & report back here.

Sponsored Links
Thanks zipper. Evidently when she switches it on to start the wash immediately, then there is no problem. It's when a delayed wash is selected that the m/c sometimes fails to start.

Anyway, I'll hang around late nights to get to the bottom of this.........

oldfogie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back