cold water accumulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Searched for this and found a separate topic but not the details i was looking for.

I`ve got poor pressure, just over 1bar, and water flow of 12 l/pm and am looking to boost it.

I`m concerned over stagnation and legionnaire but don`t really know enough on the subject.

I have been looking at the TWS mainsboost plus system with the pump. My house is 3 bed with one bathroom on a combi boiler. Thames water is my supplier.

Has anyone got experience of the TWS systems or offer any other advice?

Ta for reading.

Sponsored Links
Although they are a new Company, Mr Warner & Mr Cooper have Years of experience in this field, I saw their whole house booster system comprising of a Hydronic Accumulator and a small booster pump, it all looks very good indeed! ;)

i would have thought a break tank and pump would work out cheaper than that system and more than adequate for a 1 bathroom property.
I'm assuming the whole street has poor pressure?

Sponsored Links
Yep, the whole street has poor pressure. Semi rural and has always been like it according to the neighbours.

Did look at a break tank but was then worried about stagnant water causing health issues.

Fitted a TWS mains boost ,charger pump and 5 acumalotrs(stubby ones to fit in roofspace)about 12 months ago and tbh i was very impressed pump operation is pretty quiet ,since fitted a new bathroom in the place and tbh system stll as quiet as day one and customers is still very pleased with it.
presure was abismal originally, is fed from water tower on hill ,and there pretty much highest house on the hill.

WHat do they cost?
I wouldn't worry overly about break tanks, probably most houses in the UK still have them, and the owners use them for water to clean their teeth...

Thanks for the replies. Well no one has said i`m mad or that i`m going to kill my family.

I do like the look of the bladder storage as i`ll be 100% sure it`s getting through flow.

I`ll look into size wise and see where i go from there...

Fitted a TWS mains boost ,charger pump and 5 acumalotrs(stubby ones to fit in roofspace)about 12 months ago and tbh i was very impressed pump operation is pretty quiet ,since fitted a new bathroom in the place and tbh system stll as quiet as day one and customers is still very pleased with it.
presure was abismal originally, is fed from water tower on hill ,and there pretty much highest house on the hill.

Hello - we too are having the same problem and looking at mainsboost as a solution. Could you pls give me a very rough idea for fitting costs? We live is London (not sure if that will influence thequote). Many thanks

Thanks for the replies. Well no one has said i`m mad or that i`m going to kill my family.

I do like the look of the bladder storage as i`ll be 100% sure it`s getting through flow.

I`ll look into size wise and see where i go from there...

Hello, Could you please tell me what solution did you choose at the end and how happy you are with it? We are having almost identical problem to yours! Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back