Where to connect water accumulator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm considering installing a water accumulator/expansion vessel. Looking at TWS, GAH or Altecnic installation instructions most are showing accumulator connected at the "beginning" just after the single check and pressure reducing valves. Some instructions are showing connection before and some after the kitchen tap. More importantly some are saying the accumulator can be connected anywhere and the further from mains the better. So, different instructions seem to be giving slightly different recommendations.

My cunning plan is to connect the accumulator at the "end" in the loft with 22mm pipe allowing it to supply the boiler and cold water to the bathroom (but not the kitchen tap).

Can you guys advise if this is OK or if I need to connect the accumulator at the beginning (close to mains)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is the rest of the system comprised of?

In theory anywhere after the initial NRV should work.

Personally I always put the straight before the balanced supply to a cylinder and cold water services.

What is the rest of the system comprised of?

In theory anywhere after the initial NRV should work.

Personally I always put the straight before the balanced supply to a cylinder and cold water services.

Dan,

The system will look like this( I hope the following makes sense):
cold main--garden tap--kitchen tap--bathroom1-=PRV==NRV==T to bathroom2==T to boiler==accumulator

(- is 15mm, = is 22mm)

I'm mostly bothered about boosting flow to bathroom2 and I can't put NRV or attach the accumulator before bathroom1 or in the kitchen without dismantling half of the house anyway ...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back