Water Accumulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used an Altecnic Ultra Pro Expansion Vessel for the use of a pressure accumulator? They are listed on the Altecnic website as expansion vessels, but advertised as acumulators on http://www.tradeplumbing.co.uk/ I have used a GAH 300l unit before with good results, but thre is £200 +VAT difference in price.

Sponsored Links
Simon is the resident expert on accumulators here. But he may have a vested interest in certain manufacturer's products.

The basic operation is very simple.

The quality of manufacture and therefore the likely lifetime is much more difficult to determine!

A new mains supply pipe is a sure fire permanent solution to a poor supply flow.

Tony

We have used them, and whilst they work (of course) the quality is not as good as the Global Water Solutions GC range.

They are also not meant to be sold in the UK for your application due to a patent.

I can't see what my 'vested interest' could be, other than I like the technology.

So you pay your money and take your choice. We have been there but have gone back to the GC range, which are admittedly much more expensive.

I dont know about any vested interest but there was so much quite harsh comment aimed at you a year ago when discussing this patent matter relating to accumulators and you seemed to be defending one of the manufacturers.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you don't know about a vested interest it's best not to suggest there is one.

Some regular respondents on this forum were at the time - in between arguing whether accumulators worked and how they worked - disputing whether the UK patent had any validity.

Some even claimed the idea was obvious and they had thought of it first.

Amongst this heady mix of negativity and ignorance, I reminded them of the legal rights of the patent holder and the licensee.

The fact is, I get the same deal as any other trade people on this equipment, and therefore it is unfair to suggest a 'vested interest'.

I'm not after an apology, I just want to put the record straight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back