Hotpoint Aquarius Reversomatic Dryer De Luxe TL22 Motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Hotpoint Aquarius Reversomatic Dryer De Luxe TL22 which I've had for ages - It's never given me any problems.

As my wife uses our washing machine ( and the dryer ) almost 24/7 :LOL: I'm just wondering if there are brushes on the dryer motor - If they are they must be almost worn out as they're already worn out on the Bosch washing machine which is under two years old !

I'm all in favour of " If it isn't broke don't fix it " but can anyone advise me if the motor on a Hotpoint Aquarius Reversomatic Dryer De Luxe TL22 has brushes ? ?

If it has I think I'll buy a set just to have spares ready when/if the brushes do eventually wear out.

Thanks ! . :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Zipper - I thought that if it had brushes they'd be worn out by now.

It's a reliable old workhorse - I'm not really sure how you're meant to clean the fluff from it though - I just occasionally push a vacuum cleaner hose into wherever I can and sometimes take off the top cover to clean what I can inside.

I can't pull any constructional drawings up on this machine so I can't give you more than generic information. But it must be quite an old dryer. Keeping the filter clean & using a vacuum cleaner to get out whatever fluff & dust you can is always a good idea.

Sponsored Links

It's a reliable old workhorse - I'm not really sure how you're meant to clean the fluff from it though - I just occasionally push a vacuum cleaner hose into wherever I can and sometimes take off the top cover to clean what I can inside.

Now you said that - It'll break within the week! Good luck!

Now you said that - It'll break within the week! Good luck!

Same thought had occured to me ! . :LOL:

I can't pull any constructional drawings up on this machine so I can't give you more than generic information. But it must be quite an old dryer. Keeping the filter clean & using a vacuum cleaner to get out whatever fluff & dust you can is always a good idea.

Thanks Zipper - I stick my hands and the hose of my hoover into every nook and cranny I can to remove fluff. I was advised by someone a year or two ago that apart from that all you can do is occasionally take the top cover off the dryer and hoover up any fluff that's visible around the drum.

Good practice :D
I spoke to a chap the other day who more or less completely dismantles his dryer every year to clean out dust & fluff.
I don't think you need to be quite that radical....but he is a fireman, I guess he sees enough results of things going wrong.

If you are getting a large amount of fluff inside the machine quite often it may be worth checking the front and rear seals are ok, they wear and allow and increase of fluff to escape into the machine.

If you are getting a large amount of fluff inside the machine quite often it may be worth checking the front and rear seals are ok, they wear and allow and increase of fluff to escape into the machine.

Now you mention the fluff, I recall that I was getting buildups of fluff in the drum of my washer/dryer, then the machine started banging and misbehaving, and once stripped, a little conduit, that looked like a seal behind a cars heater vent, had fallen off, that connected the fan > heater element > drum, and the inside of the heater element was full of the same type of fluff, hence a fire risk? Presumably because of no back pressure, due to this connection being missing.

If all was sealed, and all is good, then the fan blows air over the heating element, into the drum, and when the fan stops, it creates a backdraft, that clears any fluff, with the piece of pipework missing, it couldn't do that, so excess fluff? That's my flawed logic anyways.

The heater section still worked, and it dried clothes, albeit with a missing 2" section of the pipework...

Top tip, look around the floor of the washer/dryer to see if anything has fallen off! Then work out where it came from! I found several screws too, that I have yet to identify their source..

between the drum and the backplate that the heater fits on there is a foam seal this can wear (and catch fire in cases with fluff build up) allowing the air and some fluff to escape from the rear.

Likewise at the front where the drum rests on the bearing pads you have a felt seal.

Over time the bearing pads wear as well (they are a nylon/plastic piece) as the rear bearing bush.

Not have much go wrong with these except those bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back