Worcester Bosch 24cdi heating drain down- hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 24cdi boiler, I need to drain down the heating to add a new radiator into the system- quite happy doing all this and refilling.

BUT, once I have drained down the central heating, can I still switch on a hop tap to call for hot water or would this cause some damage to the boiler- I am thinking possibly the heat exchanger may get too hot?

Thanks,

CD

Sponsored Links
Generally not good to run with no pressure, if boiler high up on system will o/ht anyway, are you adding complete new rad or replacing one like for like?

i dont know really why you would want to do that,and the answer is no, low pressure on the ch side will prevent the boiler firing hw mode.

Adding complete new rad and pipework. Just a really small one to sort a cold spot.

When I refill I will be adding inhibitor and boiler noise reducer.

I thought boiler pressure only referred to the CH side?

Sponsored Links
It doest but its the CH water that heats your DHW through the plate heat exchanger (silver like sardinde looking thing) behing control panel, the job shouldnt take more than a day should it????? cant you last without HW for that long??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back