Remeha Avanta range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest never once have a come across a rehema avanta+ boiler, so just assumed they werent any good, but after a guy on here saying as good as vaillant thought i'd take a look and to be fair looks decent enough nice and compact, 1 pcb , brass hydro block which i like to see hate the plastic ****e that worcester and others tend to use, fairly decent looking box of bits seems set out to make easy to work on although i am only looking at pic cant see plate hex etc, prices around 700 - 850 for the combi on the dearer side but by no means the dearest out there, from this doesnt seem bad but it is their site, so what do you lads think would it be worth in 4 me to start fitting them, also wonder why i dont see them around worries me a bit, let us know guys, cheers

Sponsored Links
Ay present it is all I am fitting apart from the very occasional ATAG

What is their after sales like? Do many suppliers stock (all) their parts?
I like WB, but they are starting to price themselves out of the market, and I am looking at alternatives.

Sponsored Links
Yeah but bengas dont you thinl WB have gone down hill, the greenstars are poor to work on compared with prev WB, i think the only 1 that is easier to work on is the new High Flow, but lets face it they couldnt of made it much worse to work on, also whats with the plastic they are starting to resemble a Chaffataux Britony, what other alternatives you thinking of Main Combi HE i find is cheap, decently made, and parts are widely available, not the best by boiler but defo not the worse, and for the price and general reliability i dont think you can grumble.

They are not the easiest boilers to work on, but far from the hardest.
I find them very reliable, nice and quiet, and fast, high quality helpdesk if I ever have a question regardless of whether it is a partnumber or technical.

I know a lot of people don't like plastic, but that is mostly sentimental without any technical reason. We've had polymers that are 7 times stronger than steel for decades.

But as we are in the worst recession in living memory, the market for quality is shrinking, and no-frills decent stuff is likely to conquer a large part of the market.
So far I have been quite impressed with what I have seen about the latest models from Viessmann, and their after sales appears good too. Unfortunately, the spares are not as readily available as other brands.

Yes ive found that with the viessman parts, also do you know why their combis have a GC no begining wit 41?

Prob i have with the plastic parts on the WB is that they pin hole, ive seen quite a few now pin hole, i just think if they're charging top wack they should have something that sets them apart as they used 2, ive found reliability isnt a massive issure few fans and gas valves, sensors nothing major, however time will tell, also connecting PRV before hanging boiler??? the guy who designed that needs his head testing PRV's pass at some point, a relativly cheap job could turn into a dear job should you need to remove boiler, not what you expect when paying premmium prices, also safety critical seals (not only WB) that need changing every time you need to go into heat EX/ burner

I have found over prob last 4 years Vaillant Eco Tec range has stood out as the best product for reliability, some parts a pain in the arse to change, Also heat ex and burner much easier to inspect

As i said for a cheaper option Main Combi HE range, what are your thoughts on these, the are basically baxi, which a generally rate as top end of the middle of range boilers, which i do expalin to customers, i dont tell them its the best thing out there and tell them its £300 dearer than it actually is as some guys do, but i do think its the best pound for pound budget boiler (if you can call it that) that i have seen at £500 - £600

Have you fitted any Ideal Logics, they have had good reveiws and some terrible, a lot of people will say (me included) ****e, but if they have learnt form their mistakes and jesus theres been a lot, it should be one of the best about as ppl have said, although i find it hard to forget tje Isar, Response etc etc

Last of all what do you know about Alphas, again always thought they were crap, but they seem to be making a move in the market ???

...Prob i have with the plastic parts on the WB is that they pin hole, ive seen quite a few now pin hole...
Never seen it. Where exactly?

....also connecting PRV before hanging boiler??? the guy who designed that needs his head testing PRV's pass at some point, a relativly cheap job could turn into a dear job should you need to remove boiler...
Yep, that's a bit of a boo boo.

also safety critical seals (not only WB) that need changing every time you need to go into heat EX/ burner

Doesn't help to keep things competitive. Not only the price of the seal, you need to go and get it first.

I have found over prob last 4 years Vaillant Eco Tec range has stood out as the best product for reliability, some parts a pain in the a**e to change, Also heat ex and burner much easier to inspect

The last time I dealt with vaillant, I was on the phone for an hour to their premium number, only to be told the part I needed was obsolete.
And he was right stroppy as well. That did it, never again will I install a vaillant. I don't care if it is the best boiler in the world.
And since they started integrating SD “technology” in vaillants, I don't think they are improving.

As i said for a cheaper option Main Combi HE range, what are your thoughts on these, the are basically baxi,

You get a basic Viessmann for not much more.

Have you fitted any Ideal Logics, they have had good reveiws and some terrible, a lot of people will say (me included) s***te, but if they have learnt form their mistakes...

No, nor will I fit any ideal for at least a decade.
Crap brand. Crap service. Pathetically high prices for spares.
Response, eyesore, you name it. I don't believe they have learned from their mistakes. The response looked good for the first few years.

Last of all what do you know about Alphas, again always thought they were crap, but they seem to be making a move in the market ???

Bottom end of the market. Too much questionable advertising, too many promises without much delivery. Ridiculous parts prices.

For me it is WB if people can afford it, or Viessmann if they want a bit cheaper. I have no intention of moving into the “as cheap as possible” side of the market. If business gets that bad, I'll become a copper or something like that.

Viessmann give a 5 year warranty if you attend their free training course first.

Yep. And that means "you can stick 3 years' worth of insurance money in your pocket".
Makes it an easy sell compared to other brands.

All the 1's ive seen pin hole about 7, have been on the left hand block with the sensor in, seems 2 be a recurring problem, and a little bit of a pain in the arse to change, i just feel as time goes on with these, they will get worse and worse

Glad you say that about Alpha, im not a fan and will not be touching them i'll keep them in the bracket with Biasi, Ferroli and Saunier Duval, the sorry i dont deal with them bracket

Yes Vaillant tech can be a bit of pain in the arse, and WB's is very good i have found, Ravenheaps tech help have easily got the worse attitude, or is it just their yorkshire accents that make them sound so arrogant?

Have Ravenheaps brought out a pre - mixed condenser, i dnt take much notice of them

All the 1's ive seen pin hole about 7, have been on the left hand block with the sensor in, seems 2 be a recurring problem, and a little bit of a pain in the a**e to change, i just feel as time goes on with these, they will get worse and worse...

I must be lucky then. Guess that means another step towards Viessmann.
I've been to their training, and it is a very well designed machine. Easy to work on too. Apart from the spares, you could be a fully equipped service engineer, and go around by bike. All the tools you need will easily fit in a rucksack.

What is their after sales like? Do many suppliers stock (all) their parts?
I like WB, but they are starting to price themselves out of the market, and I am looking at alternatives.

After sales is very good. All the suppliers round here carry a 'first aid kit' of the main components, so you can just pick up the part and fix it yourself if you want to. I mostly do, then invoice Broag.

Heat team are now training their engineers on the Avanta, so will presumably be taking over the majority of the rest of the warranty calls. I also note that Baxi parts arena now lists all the Broag boilers, since the merger.

Any I can't make, I ask for one of the 2 local agents to get the call. They always oblige.

Ravenheaps tech help have easily got the worse attitude, or is it just their yorkshire accents that make them sound so arrogant?

Have Ravenheaps brought out a pre - mixed condenser, i dnt take much notice of them

So you noticed that about Ravenheats technical as well eg attitude :) there probably brow beaten with all the complaints they get ?? I spoke to one not so long ago , tried to be freindly , got a few grunts , never bothered with the rest of the conversation !

As for boilers & these 5 year plus warrantys , as I see it it is early days yet , see how it pans out , start getting the warranty claims coming in , the excuses may well start , installation fault !! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back