Help Needed with Old Mira 415 Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone throw their two pence worth at this problem please?

It is a Mira 415 running off a Vaillant Turbomax 248E Combi Boiler that was installed back in 2001. I expect the shower may have been already there.

The initial problem was that the shower when turned on would not fire up the boiler therefore not getting any hot water at the outlet.

I spoke with Mira and they suggested that I changed the cartridge, we established which one was required and off i went to the local merchant and ordered one along with a service kit.

All fitted in a matter of minutes but still the problem persisted?

On phone to Mira again who said that i will need to fit a "flow regulator", they arrived got fitted and still the same problem?

Back on the phone to Mira again this time getting passed the basic level customer service personnel who suggested that i check the water pressure, no need to check as it was obviously high.

Checked to make sure that had hot water at the shower before the cartridge went back, also fitted a pressure reducing valve on the cold feed and played around with the adjustment on that but yet still the problem persists?

Could it be something in the boiler? Flow Switch, Diverter Valve, DHE etc

All draw off points work fine (temp can be a little but up and down) so it is just the shower that will not operate when even trying to equal the pressures.

Hope your not all too confussed by what i am trying to explain lol

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back