Garden Shed - Beach hut esque - painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Our collection of shed has grown to 3 now, and the other night the misses commented that they look like beach huts all in a row sitting behind their gravel path.

So stupidly I commented that beach huts are painted bright colours and now she is obsesed with painting the ends in bright colours.

So to help her out I advised her that paint from the early learning centre wont be suitable and agreed to sort her out with the gear to do it. Obviously I will have to cover the kids and the car in masking tape and agree with her that the big blue patch on the grass does look like the sea......

But the question I have is......

Should I use gloss paint?
Although I would prefer to use a wash on type paint.

Or what paint is going to achieve the right look, in the right range of colours

2 of the sheds are overlap sheds with a sawn finish and one of the sheds is a shiplap planed finish. I dont think that gloss would take too well to the sawn timber. Also all 3 of the sheds have been brushed with water based preserver in the red brown colour.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
I got the impression the OP wanted to paint on, rather than stain, the wood, like coloured beach huts.....?

the water=based shed and fernce stains leave a waxy, water repellent film on the weood. I doubt paint will stick properly.

I wonder if you could apply some kind of cladding, and paint that? would also be easier to pull off when you get fed up with it.

maybe a sheet of thinnish WBP ply?

Sponsored Links
I got the impression the OP wanted to paint on, rather than stain, the wood, like coloured beach huts.....?

Sawn rough overlap wood and gloss paint :LOL: I have never tryed to paint rough wood with gloss paint before and I would't like to try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back