Band B Gas Boilers!!!

D

DeltaT

Here's one for all GSR RGIs. Is it correct that Band Bs will be outlawed April next year???

Sponsored Links
I think its October this year unless the installation has been quoted and accepted before that date.

Tony

Apparently? It's UK wide ban on Band Bs as from April 2011. That was from a manufacturers Rep and as we all know they have a habit of telling porkers to give them a commercial advantage!!

I know i'd be better asking in the 'combustion chamber pot', however, as I have a life time ban, so, this forum is the only resource left to me on DIYdoughnuts.

Thanks chaps for your input.

Sponsored Links
have you ever thought why you have a life time ban?? is it because you are a rude old t**t!!!! :LOL:

Too Quote your advise too others "use screwfix as its a much better forum"

Go on then , what u waitin for , bye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, no can do matey, cause I got my marching orders from Screwflux also!!
Not to worry my brain dead chums, there's plenty more forums on the net.

Anyway, back to the subject eh chaps.

I sense admin's fingers are reaching for the locked button. :LOL:

Joy of joys!! I've been specially selected to win an iphone 4! :D You don't get that on Screwfix. Thats fanstastic I've never one anything before. :LOL:

Here's one for all GSR RGIs. Is it correct that Band Bs will be outlawed April next year???
The new edition of Approved Document L comes into effect on 1st October 2010. For domestic properties, this is accompanied by the Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide.

At the same time, a new method for calculating boiler efficiencies is being introduced, to harmonize with EEC methods. This will replace the Sedbuk Ratings. The minimum efficiency for gas boilers is set at 90% (Band A), for boilers tested under the existing system, and to 88% for boilers tested under the new procedure.

Well done TJ I hope you win!! That a good prize by the way worth a few bob!!

Thanks DH for the info, do you know if there's a cooling off period. Or is it in force from Oct 2010?
Thanks again.

that sounds good, means that the surplus B band boilers will go on offer, nothing like a nice cheap boiler to tempt the odd landlord into upgrading his properties,
by the way dick, i think renameing this forum is an absolutly spiffing idea,
that would make us 'immigrants' feel a little more at home,

Thanks DH for the info, do you know if there's a cooling off period. Or is it in force from Oct 2010?
It says that the new Part L comes into force on 1st October. There is no mention of a cooling off period, presumably because there are boilers available which meet the required standard. The "exceptions" rule will still apply if a condensing boiler cannot be fitted. The boiler efficiency in this case is 78% minimum.

See:

Part 1A 2010

Part 1B 2010

Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide

that sounds good, means that the surplus B band boilers will go on offer, nothing like a nice cheap boiler to tempt the odd landlord into upgrading his properties,
by the way dick, i think renameing this forum is an absolutly spiffing idea,
that would make us 'immigrants' feel a little more at home,

Sorry Tom, but the renaming as DIYdoughnuts Plumbers' Talk, didn't go down too well!! Mod 10 didn't like it, must be the wrong time of the month??!!

Yes, I think we'll 'mail shot' some of our slum Landlords with an offer. Great idea Tom thanks.

It says that the new Part L comes into force on 1st October. There is no mention of a cooling off period, presumably because there are boilers available which meet the required standard. The "exceptions" rule will still apply if a condensing boiler cannot be fitted. The boiler efficiency in this case is 78% minimum.

See:

Part 1A 2010

Part 1B 2010

Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide

Thanks again DH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back