Finding a good gas fitter on Gas Safe register.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking on Gas Safe Register for a gas fitter to do a boiler service.
Am I better going for a 1-2 man band or a company with multiple engineers?
I am looking for one with a checkable address and landline number.

Sponsored Links
You would be better asking friends and neighbours if they recommend anyone, Gas safe register is simply that, for example if you checked my registration you would not get any address or other information, I dont advertise anywhere and do not needthis kind of work
There is a part at the top of your page called "Local" put your details in there and it will tell you if any members from here are available local to you
Personally if that fails then, I would be getting the manufacturer out for the service, never BG or Corgi homecare or anyone like that

Found a service contract in the paperwork with 2 years still to run on it.
That will save a couple of quid. :)

Sponsored Links
Have to dig through the paperwork again to find who's been stamping it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
What paid in advance ? that would be very unusual .

No you have 2 years warranty left which will be void if it hasnt been serviced every year and the benchmark completed

The Benchmark paper has been filled in. Just need to have another look to see who has been filling it in.

Just need to have another look to see who has been filling it in.
They will just be the service engineer, as suggested, very doubtful they would have ant kind of service contract with the boiler.

As suggested, if the boiler came with say a 7yr warranty, and it's been 5 years since it was installed then the 2 yrs warranty left are if there is a problem with the boiler and then they will come and fix it, as long as it's been serviced and marked up every year.

This wouldn't usually be to come and service the boiler, that's down to the customer to pay for.

Thanks Rob. It's been serviced by a company called Colombus and they have explained, just a short while ago, what you have said.

Have arranged for them to come and do it mid-September and price is £106 for boiler with a 'free' gas safety check on the gas hob.
No radiators as it is all UFH at the moment, but we are looking at a vertical rad for the shower room if we get the loft converted.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back