Worcester Bosch 24i Greenstar - Not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey.
I've looked through various posts at for this boiler to try and find what might be wrong with girlfriends boiler.

Its not providing HW or CH, and the blue light flashes quickly which the manual suggests is temp sensor/fan maybe.

Yesterday I cleared the siphon tank which was compleletley clogged but this didn't fix the issue.

Its in my girlfriends house which she lets out and not being corgi registered I don't really want to play with it too much. (Whilst I'm perfectly capable of measuring resistance across the thermostat and swapping parts)
We had homeserve out today who were there less than an hour by the sounds of it and said it couldn't be fixed. Still waiting to hear there reason for this.

Anyone any ideas at to what else I could look for, it was working perfectly until the tennants switched it off at the mains before going away for 2 weeks. The condenser drain is not clogged either checked that.

alternativley anyone know any "real" plumbers in the Stratford upon Avon area, as I always doubt the homeserve/british gas mentality at this point.

Sponsored Links
This is a relatively modern boiler and so totally repairable.

But they are not so reliable and the repairer does need diagnostic skills which most of those working for those firms dont have,

My suggestion is dont touch it. Pressurise Homeserve to fix it. If they refuse ask them whats wrong and why they cannot fix it. The reality is that they cannot diagnose whats wrong. Then get British gas to do a fixed price repair and try to reclaim that cost from Homeserve.

The condensate trap being cloged demonstrates that she has never had it serviced. Obviously its totally wrong to ignore servicing.

Tony

adam81 said:
I always doubt the homeserve/british gas mentality

agile said:
the repairer does need diagnostic skills which most of those working for those firms dont have,
agile said:
Then get British gas to do a fixed price repair
they either can or not, please make your mind up.

Sponsored Links
Mick you seem to be conflating what Adam and I have said.

Tony, you agreed with Adam that homeserve and BG engineers don't have the skill to repair a boiler
most of those working for those firms dont have,
then say get BG to do a fixed price repair - my point is; if they dont know how to repair it how can they do a fixed price repair?

No, usually the less experienced guys will ask a hand of the more experienced. Throwing parts at a job has long since ceased at BG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back