Creda TVR2 Dryer 2- way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when I switch the dryer on to start the drum doesn't turn but there is the dryer noise and the drum gets warm OK..... I have checked the belt whick OK please advise next step

Many Thanks

Conrad2116

Sponsored Links
Can you turn the drum by hand. The motor start capacitor may have failed.

If careful you can check by turning machine on and giving the drum a quick push on the top and see if it does start rotating.

You do that at your own risk though. Otherwise remove the capacitor on the motor and take it to a spares place and get it tested.

Sponsored Links
Can you turn the drum by hand. The motor start capacitor may have failed.

If careful you can check by turning machine on and giving the drum a quick push on the top and see if it does start rotating.

You do that at your own risk though. Otherwise remove the capacitor on the motor and take it to a spares place and get it tested.

Many thanks leccy758 I purchased a motor start capacitor last saturday 11/09/10 dryer still working fine so thanks again.

conrad2116

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back