sliding mitre saw recomendations

iep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After years of dicking about with a crappy mitre block and saw I have saved up about £150 to spend on a compound mitre saw (prefferably sliding) that I can use for basic joinery while I renovate my house.

Usual jobs. Fencing, cladding boards, skirting boards, door frames etc....

Usual suspects are the rage3 and rage3-s but I was wondering what other options there might be. Axeminster have an own brand 255mm sliding mitre for £142 but I have no idea on its quality.

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
Thanks. That looks really good.

I have not used any metabo stuff before. How would it compare to the usual suspects (dewalt, makita, rage etc).

I gather you think this would be a beter saw than the rage3-s?

Cheers,

iep

Found one of these (metabo kgs216) at a good price locally and may head out to purchase today.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on metabo mitre saw in general before I bite the bullet though.

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
Went for the metabo. In the end went for a web order place. Should be delivered next week. I'll post how I get on.

iep

thier woodwork stuff is good quality as they bought elektra beckum a few years ago who made medium-high end wood-working machinery

Got a ridiculously good offer on an upgrade t the KGS255 plus so took that. Should arrive tomorrow.

Chuffed.

iep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back