Can a FloPlast SP101 be connected to a SP103 at the Pan end?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all first post after relying on this forum several times. At the moment I'm having the ensuite refreshed and have just attempted to fit a new toilet.

Problem is the existing soil pipe doesn't quite reach the pan connector (by just a couple if inches).

Could I bridge the gap by replacing the existing soil pipe with a FloPlast SP103 and then joining on a SP101 at the pan connection end?

Also what would be simplest way to connect the 1/2inch inlet thread to a 15mm service value (such as http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17447/Plumbing/Brassware/Service-Valve-15mm-Straight)? distance between the pair is about 50cm.

My father in-law (plumber) normally does all the plumbing work but trying not to pester him for every small job.

Many thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
Problem will be getting a seal between the 2 pan connectors. Personally I would rejig/extend soil slightly to suit.

to extend the soil, you can cut the soil back a little further and fit another pan connector. The existing pan connector will then push into the existing one.

Or you could cut it back even futher, do away with the existing pan con and fit a flexible extendable pan con

For the inlet, you could always use a flexible tap connector.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, issue now resolved. Not sure how but been informed father in-law has been round and sorted it all. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back