Vaillant TurboMAX 824e Central Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope someone out there can help me. When I turn on my heating on maybe a 1 hr boost, it works perfectly. If I go back to it say 2 hrs later to give it another hours heating, the system heats up but the water does not seem to be passing through the rads system and so the system cuts itself out using it's own thermal cutout..

I have taken the cover off the pump when the system was on and the pump was spinning so that's not the problem.

Hot water is working perfectly.

Any ideas ?

C

EDIT - Corrected System name !!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I forgot to state the obvious but I appreciate the thought

I nade sure a few were set to full hot so they'd never shut off

C

Sponsored Links
I think I have found the problem. There is some sort of intermittent fault with the temperature sensor. Obviously, then the temperature drops below a certain level, the burner should kick in once again whereas I saw it myself that the temp reading droped down to about 30 deg before the burner fired up again.

It the part a simple temperature sensor or is it possibly something else ?

C

This may be down to the control (What controls are fitted - ...?)...as the question implies that the boiler IS running but no water is circulating around the heating system.

This may also be down to the appliance diverter valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back