Vaillant Ecotec plus help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just put my central heating on for the first time this year, but the boiler did not fire up and the display on the boiler is clear. I switched the power off and on and I could hear the boiler spring to life, & the radiators warmed up. However, I don't fancy having to do this every time I need heat! Any Vaillant experts out there? Help Please!

Sponsored Links
You should have had a radiator symbol in the display. This came on after you turned the power off and on?

What timer and roomstat do you have?

The display is blank. If I turn either of the dials it lights up blue, but no display?

Sponsored Links
It's a Drayton Lifestyle Timer, which was fitted last year with the boiler and a Honeywell thermostat which I never use?

I think it came with a year's warranty which I think has just run out as they keep ringing me to extend it.

The ecotec plus comes with a two year warranty as standard,call them out .it sounds like a display board fault, had one go faulty due to a power cut possibly a surge when power came back on.Just a note these people who contact you regarding extended warrantys read the small print its probaly home serve who in my experience so far havn't got a clue.

Yes it will b homeserve contacting u the ecotec plus has 2 year wArranty as long as u have it serviced by gas safe reg engineer at end of first year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back