Vaillant ecotec plus 428_Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 428 boiler.

The central heating is programmed to work between 5pm to 9am. How can I set the timer in different hours?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I have a Ford Transit. How do I program my radio?

You've not said what make/model programmer you've got.............

I have a Ford Transit. How do I program my radio?

You've not said what make/model programmer you've got.............

The type of the boiler is the regular one, no extra programmer on it. The separate thermostat to adjust the temperature is a Honeywell model.

Please check the photos attached.

You still haven't posted a picture of your programmer (timer)...

Sponsored Links
There is no other programmer (timer). I assumed that I could regulate the operating times from the main board on the boiler as shown in the picture. If this is not the case how the boiler is programmed to work only specific hours every day? Is there any other configuration I can make with the existing equipment?

Thank you

If that's really all you have then there is no way of controlling the time when your heating comes on, just the temperature with your thermostat

When is not working the "Heating mode" icon (radiator) is flashing which according to the manual means - Anti cycling mode active. The flame icon does not appear at all. And if I check the information button (i) to display the status of the boiler, sometimes shows the code S.7 - Pump overrun.

During the operating hours after 5pm the "Heating mode" icon (radiator) is illuminated (stable) which means -Heating mode. And the flame icon appears.

There is a note in the manual that may has to do with the flashing heating mode on the screen while is not working.

"Note!
The boiler incorporates an anti-cycling econo-
miser control to prevent energy wasteful on
and off operation of the boiler for short periods
when in the central heating mode. When turning
the room thermostat to a higher setting there
may be a short delay before the boiler operates"

Not sure how your system is time controlled. The 140 plugin is the recommended timer for your system but that plugs straight into the electronics facia on the front of your boiler - In place of the panel that currently says vaillant on it.
There must be anther remote controller somewhere or a time clock that controls the power to the boiler.

Is it possible someone to attach the programmer, make the configurations with the timer and then detach it again?

Is it possible someone to attach the programmer, make the configurations with the timer and then detach it again?

No. You will have a programmer somewhere. Have a good look around the airing cupboard

U must hav a programmer external somewhere, it's not within the boiler. Unless of course u only have that roomstat to control it? Turn it up to 30 an see if it ever goes off. This will tell u if there is a timer hidden somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back