Rate Vaillant EcoTec Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you lot think of this boiler in general as a system boiler. Thought Vaillant was a good choice? :)

Vaillant EcoTec Plus

cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm biased being a Vaillant installer and fitting nothing but these usually.

I've found them really reliable.

Not a lot really. I've heard of the flexible rubber pipes splitting and F75 fault can be a nuisance, but apparently it's been sorted now although can be made worse if system not cleaned thoroughly.

I've had 1 noisey pump at the 1st service and called it in, customer hadn't even noticed and 1 pump died after 2 1/2 years, but Vaillant still replaced it FOC.

You must have an FGA to commission them, yet to have one out of the box that is set up correctly.

All in all personally I've had no major problems with any 600 or 800 series boiler:cool:

Sponsored Links
Vaillant are what we recommend but cost drives the customers choice.

Have had only 1 eco tec pro come out of the box with faulty dhw sensor and one 937 with faulty shift load pump and been back to it tonight for a split rubber hose where the jubilee style crimp is too tight.

I personally do not like the Ecotec Pro and would never fit one.

I can't see the point of it as one call out in the second year and it would be cheaper to have fitted the plus, with a 2 year warranty ;)

In my opinion Vaillant are going downhill fast!
F75 is still an unresolved problem. There technical support has become virtually nonexistant. Im pi@@ed off with them at the moment. Half an hour wait to speak to techs today and then they hang up phone when they cant answer question.

Why not use the priority number and your pin, all calls answered pronto.

my 2p they lost the plot after the first turbomax afore that everything was over engineered to last ie no plastic

well exept for the 242 hx and they sharp changed that ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back