Dreaded isar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my isar 24 is flashing L-F, which according to my manual, is. Flame Detection Error. I'm in the process of checking for a 200v dc supply to the gas valve.

At the moment, i only have a screwdriver, just to see if i can find a supply to the said valve, and this is where my problem lies, i only get electric running to the plug (gas valve) when i disconnect it from the valve, soon as i put the plug back on the valve, then test, i have no supply? obviously, there must be something i'm not aware of.

Also, why does the book say D.C. instead of A.C.?. Please don't be concerned about me stripping the gas parts down, i won't be doing that, even though i'm capable,as i don't have test equipment, nor the paperwork, please help me guys, winter is creeping in. thanks.

Sponsored Links
The gas valve is one of the last things I would be checking. Of all the faults I've had with these boilers, there has only been one faulty gas valve, and that was on a Mexico HE36.

Check the consensate trap and sump first.

Sponsored Links
Violence is the last act of a limited mind......

yes, it is, but oooohhhhh so rewarding when you beat the ****te out of some clever T**t ;)

why dc???? well why you asking us ask ideal boilers! they tend to use DC volts on gas valves because its less likely to cause a noise when the solenoid opens

How do you deem yourself capable? have you passed ACS exams if not you are not competent. ;)

likely to be ignition electrode of spark genarator.

Nope, still not running i edited my post to say i had done the sump and trap before you said that to me,my fault, sh.t post.

Anyway, took the sparkplug out, looks pretty worn, a good 8 mill gap, pointless me bending it to set the gap,(like a car plug) as i would say it wouldn't be sat in the right position for combustion.

I think this relates to my earlier thread, where i was advised to check the ignighter, to stop the boiler whoooshing, on crankup, ordered a new ignighter, and feel pretty confident doing that, will solve my problem,.me thinks

onlyfitideal,
Thanks for your advice,i really appreciate it.but no, i have no paperwork as i said.
I did car engines for years, and to me, a boiler is a very similar situation, don't have a fuel leak,( i don't touch gas parts, yet) and don't have exhuast leaks, i will buy genuine gear, and get the best info i possibly can.

Thanks for still getting on with me, you made my mind up to buy the electrode. will keep you posted

hello pal you are still breaking the law! even if its in your own house.

the only way someone is deemed competent is when they pass acs exams
sorry but i do not advise you to repair your boiler.

dont want to come across as Having a moan but thats why there is a body put in place by the HSE

Again, thanks, i do understand your advice of not doing my own boiler, but, it really isn't a problem for me. Iv'e done this kind of stuff all my life, messing, tinkering, like i say, if i learn, off people like yourself, giving honest advice.
ANY answers are on the net, but, and it's a BIG but, advice i need has to come off here.

Doing it my way, either help me, or leave me to my perils!

First I should say that I dont approve of people who hide your identity and particularly even hide their profile as you do. Thats very unusual and you must have some strange ideas in your head.

Nevertheless, in spite of your oddities, I will still give you some useful and indeed valuable advice because you have already removed the ignition electrode which is normally a no-no for an unqualified DIYer.

The ignition gap should be about 4mm a £1 coin thickness!

You CAN bend the electrode but ONLY after you have heated it to cherry red in a cooker flame or blowtorch.

ONLY bend the earthed part and NOT the insulated one. Bend it to about 2-3 mm and then bend it back until its at about the 4mm gap.

This may not be the cause in your case but it will be the correct setting and MIGHT be the only fault.

Its also essential to have the earth wire properly connected from the ignition electrode and that the sealing gasket is in good condition.

Pearls and swine??????????

Tony

( who gives his real name, email address and telephone number in his profile! I dont hide mine like Lou Lou !)

( A Lou Lou is a crab in French patois as spoken in the Seychelles! )

agile said:
First I should say that I dont approve of people who hide your identity and particularly even hide their profile as you do. Thats very unusual and you must have some strange ideas in your head.

blah blah blah

paranoid are we :rolleyes:

agile said:
who gives his real name, email address and telephone number in his profile! I dont hide mine like Lou Lou !

yeah you don't use your profile as free advertising either :rolleyes:

Recieved my part this morning, now back up and running again, thanks to all for your help,this site has now saved me the cost of repairs for a third time. Thankyou all very much. Saved my neck with the missus too.

Its not clear what part you had delviered but if it was ignition electrodes then you could have followed my good advice posted above to reset the gap.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back