Drayton Digistat RF3 Wireless System has a mind of it's own!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping somebody could help me with something before I go crazy or freeze.

We have recently moved into a new home and the heating system is a Drayton Digistat RF3 Wireless System. I have found the instructions for the system on the internet but for some reason things are not working as they should.

The problem we have is that we cannot (always) get the heating to come on when we want it to. For example, if we have the setting on the continuous night time setting (the moon symbol) the default temperature is 7 degrees C. If we turn this up to say, 20 degrees C, the flame symbol on the transmitter comes on so it appears as if it is working, but all of the radiators in the house remain cold.

Then later on the heating will come on, as if of its own accord, and work perfectly well. Once the heating is on we can adjust the temperature up or down, but we cannot always get it to start working when we want to. The heating also comes during the night, we find that after we have reduced the setting back down to 12 degrees we wake up and it is on 20 or 21 degrees.

I have tried using the Digistat on all three of the operating modes (i.e. timed, continuous night temperature, and continuous DAY 1 temperature) and have tried altering the pre-programmed timed settings. I have also checked the receiver works (it does), changed the batteries, and have tried switching everything off and starting again.

But the problem persists, sometimes we can adjust the temperature as we wish, other times we cannot control it.

I would really appreciate it if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this.

Best wishes,
Dave

Sponsored Links
The first thing I'd do is change the batteries, you'll need 4 AA's

Then it's worth checking the receiver, which could be in the airing cupboard, to see if it's getting a signal. You'll need to check the instructions to see which light should flash and when.

If it is a problem with the signal getting to the receiver you could try moving the thermostat nearer to the receiver to test.

Dave,
It would not not explain all issues you are experiencing, but it sounds as if there is a secondary controller which is on a time setting which overrides the wireless controller. This should be switched to permanently on. Alternatively your boiler may have an intermittent fault and is not firing.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you have set it at but.

You have 6 different temperature/time zones for each day, for example 21c at 7:00, then the stat will bring the boiler on and raise the temperature to 21c, and keep it at that temperature until the next setting.

When the temperatures and times are set you put it on auto, the other programs are over-rides.

Have you set all 7 days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back